Ningxia Red Vitamin Gummies
Yield – 150 gummies
Preparation Time – 15 minutes + 4 hours refrigeration
Cooking Time – 5 minutes
- 3 drops Citrus Fresh Vitality essential oil
- 2 tablespoons Bakol JEL unflavored gelatin (this amounts to 2 of the 0.3 oz boxes)
- 3 silicon bear molds (these come in 2 packs)
- 1 small baking pan or tray
- 3/4 cup NingXia Red or (3) 2-oz pouches
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- 5 tablespoons Whole World Botanicals Royal Camu Superfood
- 1 teaspoon powdered confectioner’s sugar
- In a room temperature medium size glass bowl, combine the #CitrusFresh Vitality essential oil and the gelatin. Do not stir. Set aside in a warm place so that the bowl does not get cool. This will affect the setup of the gelatin.
- Place all three silicon bear molds on a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the #NingXiaRed, honey, and Royal Camu powder over low heat. Stir with a whisk to dissolve the powder. This will take consistent stirring. It’s very important that you dissolve the Camu-Camu powder during this step so that it doesn’t affect the stirring time in the next step.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and remove from heat. Carefully pour the hot liquid into the glass bowl with the gelatin. Stir quickly with a whisk to dissolve the gelatin. While it’s still hot and liquid-y, you’ll immediately pour the gummy liquid into the silicone molds (see next step). DO NOT stir the mixture once the gel starts to set as the gummy bears won’t set up correctly if they are not in a hot, liquid form when you put them in the silicone molds.
- Pour 1/3 of the HOT mixture over the top of one of the silicon molds. Gently press the gelatin mixture into the mold cavities with a rubber or silicon spatula. You can do this by smearing the gel over the top of the mold and pressing down to scrape the surface. This will push gelatin into the bear molds and smooth the backs of the bears. Repeat with remaining two molds. Work quickly so it doesn’t cool off and set before you are done.
- Place the baking sheet into the refrigerator for at least four hours. Push out the bears into a resealable bag. Add in the confectioner’s sugar, seal the bag, and shake to coat. (This helps the gummies not stick together.)
- To use: Each gummy will contain 21.33 mg of Vitamin C.
- To store: Make sure to keep these out of the reach of children and educate your children that these are not candy, but a vitamin supplement. Store the gummies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
- Please note this is not my #GummyBear recipe however I can not remember who gave it to me. I do make them a few times a year and they are amazing.