- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 drops Lemon Vitality Essential Oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- To glaze the cake: set the cake on a wire rack over waxed paper and slowly drizzle the glaze over the cake.
2 small lemons
1 Cup organic sugar
2 TBSP fresh lemon juice
2/4 Cup water
Cut lemons into 1/8-inch-thick rounds; discard seeds. Stir together sugar, lemon juice, and water in a large skillet over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Add lemon slices, and simmer gently, keeping slices in a single layer and turning occasionally, 14 to 16 minutes or until slightly translucent and rinds are softened. Remove from heat. Place slices in a single layer in a wax paper-lined jelly-roll pan, using tongs. Cool completely (about 1 hour). Cover and chill 2 hours to 2 days. Reserve syrup for another use.